Lemon and Pink Peppercorn Pasta with Herbed Chicken
- 4 6-oz. boneless chicken breasts, skinless
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 Wonderful Seedless Lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- Kosher salt
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 3 Wonderful Seedless Lemons, juiced, 1 zested
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cold, cut into 1-tablespoon pieces
- 1 tablespoon pink peppercorns, freshly cracked, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated, plus more for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine all chicken ingredients. Toss to coat and set aside to marinate, about 30 minutes at room temperature, or up to overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken has reached 160 to 165°F. Remove and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, season with salt. Add pasta and cook according to the directions on the pasta box, stirring occasionally, until the pasta reaches al dente. Strain, reserving 2 cups of pasta water.
- Using a peeler, shave off 3 strips of the lemon peel. Thinly slice these strips into ribbons. Set aside for garnish.
- In a separate pot, add ¼ cup pasta water, 1 tablespoon butter, the zest of 1 Wonderful Seedless Lemon, and pink peppercorns. Cook over a simmer, stirring occasionally, until the peppercorns are fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes. Next, add the pasta and remaining butter, stirring until the butter is melted. If needed, add a little more pasta water, ¼ cup at a time, until a saucy consistency is reached. Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan cheese until creamy and melted. Add the juice of the Wonderful Seedless Lemons, and stir to combine.
- To serve, divide pasta into bowls, top with more cheese, pink peppercorns, chicken (if desired), and lemon ribbons.
In This Recipe