Lemon Chicken Piccata
Tara Teaspoon Inc.
- 1 lb. linguine
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied, or 4 chicken breast cutlets
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus 1-1/2 tablespoons, divided
- 3 tablespoons Wonderful Seedless Lemon zest, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Wonderful Seedless Lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Wonderful Seedless Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Cook the linguine in salted water according to the package directions. Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. Place 1/4 cup flour in a medium bowl and add 1 tablespoon lemon zest and a pinch of salt and pepper. Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat with olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Cover the chicken in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess. In a sauté pan, cook the chicken on both sides until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and reduce the heat to medium-low. In the sauté pan, add another 4 tablespoons of butter and sprinkle in 1-1/2 tablespoons of flour. Whisk in the chicken broth, 1 tablespoon lemon zest, 1/2 cup lemon juice, and the capers. Continue whisking and allow the sauce to come to a simmer and thicken, about 3 to 4 minutes. Once thickened, stir in the heavy cream.
- Toss the linguine in half of the sauce and save the remaining sauce. Divide the pasta onto four plates and serve the chicken on top. Ladle with the reserved sauce and garnish with lemon zest, parsley, and lemon wedges.
In This Recipe