Preserved Wonderful Seedless Lemon and Brie Crostini
- Wonderful Seedless Lemons (amount depends on the size of your jar)
- Kosher salt (amount will vary)
- 1 baguette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 wheel of Brie cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme
- Honey, for drizzling
- For the preserved lemons: The number of Wonderful Seedless Lemons you need will depend on the size of the mason jar you use. The lemons should fit snugly in the jar.
- Wash the lemons and cut them into quarters, but do not slice all the way through at the bottom, so that the lemon quarters remain attached.
- Gently pull apart the lemon segments, without breaking them apart, and sprinkle them with the salt. Add a layer of salt to the bottom of the jar, about 2 cm thick.
- Add the lemons to the jar and push down so that juice accumulates at the bottom. Fully submerge the lemons in the lemon juice.
- Set the jar aside for 2 to 3 weeks, shaking it a few times a week, and store it in the fridge once opened.
- For the crostini: Slice a baguette into 3/4" pieces and brush them with olive oil. Top each piece of baguette with a slice of Brie, and toast until the bread has browned and the cheese is melted.
- In the meantime, remove 1 preserved lemon from the jar, rinse it, and chop it finely.
- Place about 1 teaspoon of preserved lemon on each piece of toast and top it with thyme and a drizzle of honey.
In This Recipe
Wonderful® Seedless LemonsWhere to Buy