Fennel and Avocado Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette and Crispy Shallots
- ½ cup avocado oil
- 2 medium shallots, 1 thinly sliced, 1 minced
- Kosher salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Wonderful Seedless Lemons, juiced and zested
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, cored, thinly sliced, with fronds reserved
- 2 medium avocados, pitted, peeled, and quartered
- 1 small serrano chili, thinly sliced
- Add avocado oil to a small skillet over medium-low heat. Once shimmering, add sliced shallots and cook, stirring occasionally with a fork to break up the rings. Cook until crispy and golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Season with salt.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine minced shallots and olive oil. Cook until the shallots have softened and the oil is warmed through, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in Dijon mustard, Wonderful Seedless Lemon zest and juice, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add 1/3 of the fennel to a large serving bowl, top with avocado and serrano, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with ½ of the lemon vinaigrette from the saucepan. Top with ¼ of the crispy shallots and remaining fennel. Drizzle with the rest of the vinaigrette and top with fennel fronds and the remaining crispy shallots.
In This Recipe