Quick & Easy “Preserved” Wonderful Seedless Lemons
Recipe Developed by The Culinary Institute of America.
- 6 Wonderful Seedless Lemons
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Remove the peel and pith from the lemons. Dice the peel into small pieces. Place in a bowl.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon over the diced peels.
- Add the salt and sugar and toss well.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 4 to 8 hours. Pack into an airtight container and refrigerate.
Tip: Alternatively, in lieu of Step 4, place in a FoodSaver or Cryovac bag and vacuum seal—this forces the salt/sugar brine into the peel. Allow the mixture to sit at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours. To speed up the process, place the sealed bag in a pot of simmering water and cook on low heat until the peel is tender. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
In This Recipe
Wonderful® Seedless LemonsWhere to Buy