Recipe by Mo Hodges
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1 ounce Wonderful Seedless Lemons juice
- 1 ounce cinnamon simple syrup
- 1 egg white*
- Angostura bitters (dashes to taste)
Cinnamon Simple Syrup:
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups golden brown or "raw" sugar
- 2 cups water
*Egg white is not a necessity, but encouraged for texture. Aquafaba (from chickpeas) can be used as a vegan substitute.
In a small saucepan, bring to boil 2 cups of water and 2 cinnamon sticks. Remove from heat, add in 2 cups of golden brown sugar or “raw” sugar and stir until completely dissolved. Allow to rest for 15 minutes and remove cinnamon sticks. Place syrup in the refrigerator to cool down completely before using.
- In a shaker, combine bourbon, syrup, lemon juice and egg white.
- Dry shake (without ice) vigorously.
- Add ice to the shaker and then shake again for 20 seconds.
- Double strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Dash bitters over the top and gently stir to create a beautiful design.
In This Recipe
Wonderful® Seedless LemonsWhere to Buy