Grilled Chicken Breasts with Lemon Herb Marinade
- 1 Wonderful Seedless Lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, minced
- ¼ cup onion, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- ½ teaspoon mild chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 Wonderful Seedless Lemon
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 6-oz. chicken breasts, skin on
- Combine the zest and juice of one Wonderful Seedless Lemon with parsley, cilantro, onion, cumin, chili powder, and garlic in a bowl.
- Cut the remaining Wonderful Seedless Lemon in half and reserve.
- Drizzle olive oil into the lemon herb mixture, whisking to emulsify. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dry the surface of the chicken breasts with paper towels and coat thoroughly with the marinade. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Place the chicken breasts skin-side down on the preheated grill. Cook until the skin becomes charred, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn the chicken 90 degrees and grill another 4 to 5 minutes to create crosshatch marks.
- Flip the chicken breasts over and grill until they have reached an internal temperature of 160°F, about 8 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, place the lemon halves on the grill cut-side down and grill until charred, about 5 minutes.
- When the chicken is done, squeeze the grilled lemon over the top and serve immediately.
This recipe was created by The Culinary Institute of America as an industry service to Wonderful Citrus.
In This Recipe