Grilled Chicken Breasts with Lemon Herb Marinade
Recipe Developed by The Culinary Institute of America.
- 1 Wonderful Seedless Lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, minced
- ¼ cup onion, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- ½ teaspoon mild chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 Wonderful Seedless Lemon
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 6-oz. chicken breasts, skin on
- Combine the zest and juice of one Wonderful Seedless Lemon with parsley, cilantro, onion, cumin, chili powder, and garlic in a bowl.
- Cut the remaining Wonderful Seedless Lemon in half and reserve.
- Drizzle olive oil into the lemon herb mixture, whisking to emulsify. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dry the surface of the chicken breasts with paper towels and coat thoroughly with the marinade. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Place the chicken breasts skin-side down on the preheated grill. Cook until the skin becomes charred, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn the chicken 90 degrees and grill another 4 to 5 minutes to create crosshatch marks.
- Flip the chicken breasts over and grill until they have reached an internal temperature of 160°F, about 8 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, place the lemon halves on the grill cut-side down and grill until charred, about 5 minutes.
- When the chicken is done, squeeze the grilled lemon over the top and serve immediately.
In This Recipe
Wonderful® Seedless LemonsWhere to Buy