Lobster En Papillote With Wonderful Seedless Lemon Grenobloise Sauce
Recipe Developed by The Culinary Institute of America.
Lobster En Papillote:
- 3–6 Maine lobsters
- 4 Wonderful Seedless Lemons, sliced into ¼" pieces
- 1 leek, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- ½ fennel bulb, julienned
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter or olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Wonderful Seedless Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons Wonderful Seedless Lemon juice
- 6–8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, diced (or substitute olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 2 Wonderful Seedless Lemons, segmented
- For the lobster en papillote: Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a rolling boil. Add a handful of lemon slices.
- Plunge the lobsters in and set a timer for 3 minutes. Remove the lobsters and completely submerge them in an ice bath for about 2 minutes.
- When the lobsters are cold, remove the meat from the tail and claws. The lobster meat will still be a little raw and will finish cooking en papillote. Set the meat aside.
- Fold 6 pieces of parchment in half and cut a large heart shape with a fold down the center of each one.
- On the right side of each fold, place 2 lemon slices, a small bunch of each julienned vegetable, and the lobster—placing a claw and tail piece on top of the vegetables. Add a tablespoon of butter or a drizzle of olive oil, and finish with a squeeze of lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Fold the left side of the parchment over the filling and, starting at the top edge of the “heart,” make small folds, always ensuring that you start the consequent folds closing off all openings and making sure that the interior is completely sealed off.
- These parchment packets can stay in the fridge until ready to cook—up to 2 hours.
- Place sheet pans large enough to hold all the packets in the oven and preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- When the oven is hot, place the parchment packets on the hot sheet pans. Leave in the oven for 10 minutes until the packets are puffed.
- For the croutons: Remove the crusts from the bread and cut into small cubes.
- In a small sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the cubes of bread until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and set aside to cool.
- For the grenobloise sauce: Heat butter in a small sauté pan over medium heat until the butter begins to brown and has a nutty aroma, about 1 minute.
- Add the shallot and continue to cook until aromatic. Add the garlic and capers and continue to cook for one more minute. Add the lemon juice.
- Swirl in the small cubes of butter, until melted but still opaque. Add the parsley, chives, and lemon segments.
- Serve the cooked lobster en papillote with the grenobloise sauce. Top with croutons.
In This Recipe
Wonderful® Seedless LemonsWhere to Buy