- 3 Wonderful Seedless Lemons, zested and juiced
- 2 large eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a small saucepan, bring the Wonderful Seedless Lemon juice and zest to a boil, then strain and set aside to cool.
- Combine eggs, yolks, sugar, and salt in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add the strained lemon juice to the mixture, then place the bowl over a simmering double boiler on medium heat.
- Stir constantly with a spatula or wooden spoon to prevent bubbles, and cook until mixture is thick (coats spoon), about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in the butter until incorporated.
- Chill over an ice bath, stirring constantly, then transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate up to 1 week.
Note: Lemon curd is delicious served with lemon scones or as a lemon tart filling.
This recipe was created by The Culinary Institute of America as an industry service to Wonderful Citrus.
In This Recipe