Candied Wonderful Seedless Lemon & Thyme
Recipe Developed by The Culinary Institute of America.
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 Wonderful Seedless Lemons, juiced and peeled
- 8 sprigs thyme
- Place the sugar and water in a pot and bring to a simmer.
- Remove the peel from the lemons in a spiral motion, attempting to take it off in one piece. Place each strip flat on a cutting board, then remove as much of the pith as possible and discard.
- Juice the peeled lemons and add the lemon juice into the pot. Add the cleaned lemon strips and thyme sprigs.
- Simmer the lemon peels until translucent.
- If you want to crystalize the lemon peels, remove them and the thyme from the syrup and place on a cooling rack. Allow the peels to sit at room temperature for an hour until tacky. Roll them in granulated sugar and allow to dry completely.
In This Recipe
Wonderful® Seedless LemonsWhere to Buy