Lemon Yogurt Poppyseed Pound Cake
Tara Teaspoon Inc.
Wonderful Seedless Lemon Yogurt Pound Cake:
- 1 tablespoon Wonderful Seedless Lemon zest
- 1/4 cup Wonderful Seedless Lemon juice
- 1 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons poppyseeds
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 5 teaspoons Wonderful Seedless Lemon juice
- Wonderful Seedless Lemon slices, for garnish
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9"x5" loaf pan with cooking spray and line with parchment, leaving parchment to hang over two sides. Spray parchment and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, yogurt, eggs, vanilla, oil, and sugar until the mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and poppy seeds. Stir dry mixture into wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the loaf pan and bake until the center springs back when touched and the loaf is a deep golden brown around the edges, about 50 to 55 minutes.
- Let cake cool in pan for 15 minutes, then use the parchment edges to lift it out of the pan to a wire rack. Cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice. Spoon over loaf and garnish with thinly sliced Wonderful Seedless Lemons.
In This Recipe