Lemon Blueberry Dutch Baby Pancakes
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Wonderful Seedless Lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- Fresh blueberries
- Powdered sugar
- Lemon zest
- Fresh mint for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F. Place a cast iron skillet into the oven as it preheats. The pan needs to be very hot to create steam from the batter to puff up the Dutch baby.
- In a blender, combine eggs, milk, flour, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Place the butter in the preheated skillet in the oven and allow it to melt. Remove the skillet from the oven, and tilt the pan so the butter coats the entire bottom.
- Pour the prepared batter into the skillet and return it to the oven to bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until puffed up and golden brown.
- Remove the Dutch baby from the oven and serve immediately. Note, it will start to deflate immediately when taken out of the oven. Top with blueberries, powdered sugar and lemon zest. Garnish with fresh mint.
In This Recipe