Thyme and Raspberry Lemon Bars
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Wonderful Seedless Lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 Wonderful Seedless Lemon, juiced
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter and flour an 8" x 8" glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, thyme, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat together butter and powdered sugar on high speed until light and fluffy, about 30 seconds. Add the egg yolk and beat for an additional 30 seconds. Add in the lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla. Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture until all ingredients are blended together.
- Using damp fingers, press the dough into the prepared baking dish, then gently press the whole raspberries into the dough.
- Bake for 35 minutes until golden. Cool for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the lemon juice and powdered sugar together until smooth. Spoon the glaze over the cooled bars, and allow it to harden at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Cut bars into 1 1/2" pieces. Using a metal spatula, remove from the pan and arrange on a serving platter, or store in an airtight plastic container at room temperature.
In This Recipe