Wonderful Seedless Lemon Crème Brûlée
Recipe Developed by The Culinary Institute of America.
- 16 oz. heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar, plus extra for brûléeing
- 4 tablespoons Wonderful Seedless Lemon juice
- 6 egg yolks
- Candied lemon slice for garnish
- Heat the oven to 325 ºF. In a saucepan, combine the cream, vanilla bean, and salt and cook over low heat just until hot. Let sit for a few minutes, then discard the vanilla bean.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar and lemon juice.
- Stir about a quarter of the cream mixture into the egg mixture, then pour the remaining mixture back into the cream mixture and stir. Pour into four 6-oz. ramekins and place the ramekins in a baking dish. Fill the dish with boiling water halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the centers are barely set. Cool completely. Refrigerate for several hours and up to a couple of days.
- When ready to serve, brûlée the tops of the custards with granulated sugar and serve with a candied lemon slice.
In This Recipe
Wonderful® Seedless LemonsWhere to Buy