Bruschetta of Dungeness Crab with Crispy Wonderful Seedless Lemon
Recipe Developed by The Culinary Institute of America.
Salted Lemon Yogurt:
- 1½ cups whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Wonderful Seedless Lemon zest
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1 lb. dungeness crab
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon preserved Wonderful Seedless Lemon peel, brunoise cut
- ½ bushel chives, sliced in ½"bias cut
- ½ bushel dill, sprigs removed from stems
- Extra-virgin olive oil to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 12 slices crusty baguette, cut in ½" slices
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Mix the yogurt, tahini, salt, lemon zest, and cumin. Adjust the seasoning with lemon juice and additional salt if needed. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Gently mix the dungeness crab with the shallot, preserved lemon, and half of the herbs. Dress with olive oil, pepper, and salt to taste.
- Toast or grill the baguette until golden brown, rub with the cut garlic clove, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Spread a dollop of the salted lemon yogurt on the baguette. Top with the crab salad and garnish with reserved herbs.
- Serve with additional lemon wedges for squeezing or top with tempura lemon slices.
In This Recipe
Wonderful® Seedless LemonsWhere to Buy