Crispy Mushrooms with Charred Scallions, Lemon Ricotta, and Herbs
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 Wonderful Seedless Lemon, zested and juiced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1½ lbs. mushrooms (e.g., oyster, trumpet, cremini, shiitake), stems trimmed, cut into 2" pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/3 cup fresh soft herbs (e.g., parsley, mint, basil, tarragon, dill, cilantro), packed and chopped
- 1 Wonderful Seedless Lemon, quartered
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta with Wonderful Seedless Lemon juice and zest. Season with salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the scallion bunch, season with salt, and cook until softened and charred, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove and cut the scallions into ½" pieces.
- In the same skillet, add remaining oil. Once shimmering, add mushrooms and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, turning every couple of minutes to ensure browning on all sides, until crispy and tender. Add butter and garlic to the skillet. Baste the mushrooms spoon for an additional 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Smear the ricotta mixture on the bottom of a large plate, and top with mushrooms, then charred scallions and fresh herbs. Serve with lemon wedges and drizzle with additional olive oil.
In This Recipe