Tara Teaspoon, Inc
- 1 tablespoon Wonderful Seedless Lemon zest
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Wonderful Seedless Lemon juice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 Wonderful Seedless Lemons, cut in half and hollowed for serving
- 6 Wonderful Seedless Lemon slices, cut into half-moons and twisted for garnish
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- Freeze the bowl of an ice-cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the lemon zest, water, lemon juice, sugar, and honey. Bring to a simmer until the sugar has fully dissolved, about 5 minutes. Strain the mixture into a bowl. Set over a nice bath to cool or let cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, cover and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- When chilled, place in the ice-cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions. When churned, transfer sorbet to an ice-cream carton or loaf pan and freeze for another 3 to 4 hours.
- To serve, cut lemons in half using a paring knife. With a tablespoon, carefully remove the pith of the lemon and reserve juice for another use. Cut the pointed tip off each lemon half to make a flat surface so the lemon half can stand upright.
- Scoop the sorbet into the lemon halves. Garnish with a lemon twist and mint leaves. Serve immediately or store in freezer.
In This Recipe