Snacking Plate with Wonderful Seedless Lemony Aioli
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 Wonderful Seedless Lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons neutral oil (e.g., grape seed or canola)
- 1 medium delicata squash, sliced into ¼" thick rounds
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Wonderful Seedless Lemon
- 1 lb. (15 to 25) jumbo shrimp, shells on, deveined
- 1 Wonderful Seedless Lemon, quartered
- 1 fennel bulb, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. ham, thinly sliced (e.g., mortadella or prosciutto cotto)
- ½ cup cornichons
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolk, the juice and zest of 1 Wonderful Seedless Lemon, garlic, and salt.
- Combine the olive oil and ½ cup neutral oil, then slowly whisk into the egg mixture, several drops at a time, to begin emulsifying.
- Whisking continuously, slowly stream in the remaining oil until the aioli is fully emulsified and thick.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and bring a large pot of water to a boil. Prepare a large bowl filled with ice water.
- Prepare a foil-lined baking sheet. Add the squash and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Roast in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the squash is golden brown and cooked through.
- Add 3 tablespoons of kosher salt and squeeze the juice from 1 Wonderful Seedless Lemon into the pot of boiling water. Add the squeezed lemon halves, too, for additional flavor. Add the shrimp, turn off the heat and poach, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp is pink and cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove shrimp from the pot with a slotted spoon and place into the bowl of ice water, adding more ice as necessary. Chill until cooled completely.
- Prepare a large bowl of ice. Peel the shrimp and place them on the ice with the lemon quarters.
- Place iced bowl of shrimp on a large serving platter with aioli, squash, fennel, ham, and cornichons.
In This Recipe